Go to Home Page.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- why would I want one?
- the WOODLAND was created for those people who do not want the pomp and ceremony of a formal burial; for those people who want the choice of just having a simple cremation or a simple woodland burial at a "green cemetery" or a burial at home.
- where can I get information about diy burials?
- scroll to the bottom of this page and you will find some hypertex links to informative organisations that will assist you.
- how is it made?
- this eco-friendly coffin is beautifully crafted from solid pine wood, which is sourced from sustainable forests and which are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. It is sanded to a cabinet finish, which brings out the natural wood colour. No plastic/PVC fixings and fittings of any description are used in the manufacture and assembly process, and only biodegradable, non-toxic glue is used; no stains, varnishes, oils, or animal products of any kind are used.
- can I paint it?
- yes, since it is sanded to a cabinet finish in the factory, painting and decorating can proceed immediately.
- how is it sent to me?
- the WOODLAND comes to you in a securely boxed, flat-pack form, which is easy to transport and easy to store; the packaging is designed to withstand dampness and rough handling.
- how big is the boxed flatpack?
- to give you an idea of the size, the outside dimensions of our boxed 6’ 4” is: 6’ 9” x 2’ 4” x 3½”.
- how heavy is it?
- our 6' 4" x 24" weighs 77lb.
- what body-weight can it carry?
- it has been tested with 400lb sandbags in the factory with no ill-effects - remember, to achieve this, the glueing must been done correctly in accordance with the assembly instructions.
- how do I assemble it?
- it is easy to assemble - no woodworking expertise is necessary and, apart from a screwdriver, no tools are required; easy to follow pictorial assembly instructions are supplied and are also available for inspection and downloading on this website.
- can I preview the assembly instructions?
- yes - click on the following hypertext link:
- what does it comprise?
- the WOODLAND flat-pack components are: 2 side panels, 2 end panels, a floor panel, a lid panel and 6 natural rope handles.
- how big is it?
- here are the standard sizes:
Imperial: 6' 0" x 22", 6' 4" x 24", 6' 10" x 26"
Metric (cm): 185 x 56, 195 x 61, 208 x 66
- what does it cost?
- the price of £298 includes handling and delivery to any address in mainland UK; no credit card required - payment method is by credit card (online), cheque or postal order.
- how do I get one?
- click on the following hypertext link:
- how long does delivery take?
- we will deliver (mainland UK) within two working days after payment has been received.
- where are the hypertext links to other sites as promised above?
- I need some more information; how do I get it?
- click on the following hypertext link and a self-addressed email window will pop up; type in your questions and click the "Send" button; we will respond as soon as we can.
Return to Home Page.
Telephone +44 (0) 7931 792947
Unit 5, Little Cliffsend Farm
Kent CT21 5HP
Last Update: 20th May, 2010